Things to Do in Athens This Winter
If you value uncrowded spaces, then winter, Athens’ low season, is the perfect time to experience the Greek capital. From December through February you can make the most of the city’s museums, restaurants, cooking classes, and shops at a peaceful pace. Here are some great Athens winter activities.
- Immerse yourself in the ancient world on an Acropolis Museum tour.
- Explore underground archaeological excavations on the Athens Metro.
- Craft the perfect souvenir—or holiday gift—at a pottery class.
- Spend the day skiing on Mt. Parnassus, home of the Muses.
- Cook up a feast of winter warmers, Greek style, with a private cooking class.
- Discover Athens’ festive treats on a Christmas food and market tour.
- Warm up with a massage and a sauna.
- Get in the Christmas spirit as you follow in St. Paul’s footsteps on a Corinth tour.
- Show off your footwork with a Greek folk dancing class.
- Pick up artisanal gifts on a private shopping tour.