Things to Do in Kyoto This Fall
Fall is a beautiful time of year to visit Kyoto, with cooler temperatures after the hot summer and vibrant autumn leaves in the parks and temple grounds. Experience the city’s cultural and natural attractions at their finest this fall. Here are some you shouldn’t miss.
- Tour Kyoto’s many temples and palaces on a half- or full-day guided tour of highlights such as Nijo-jo, the Golden Temple, and Kiyomizu-dera.
- Enjoy a warming cup of green tea while learning about the Japanese tea ceremony.
- Take a walking tour of the Gion or Arashiyama district to get an up-close experience of local life.
- Dive into authentic Japanese cuisine during a cooking class or on a tour of markets and foodie districts.
- Get dressed up in traditional Japanese clothing and have some special photos taken on a professional photo shoot.
- Whether you want to have a drink or just enjoy the city lights, find the best places to go after dark on an evening tour.