Top Kyoto Day Trips
38 results | All Kyoto Tours
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide Adrian was very funny and knowledgeable. He gave us good directions and enough time to explore the area. I will recommend him to anybody."
* A traveler said: "Kiyomi was excellent guide. She is such a sweet helpful person. We learned so much about the sites we visited. I highly recommend the tour and especially Kiyomi"
* A traveler said: "Mie was our tour guide who was excellent. She was flexible with her itinerary and we saw so much. When we return to Kyoto later in the year we'll ask for Mie again."
* A traveler said: "Great tour, would recommend especially if you dont have much time in Kyoto. You will see some of the main sights of Kyoto."
* A traveler said: "Had a great 2 day tour with Yasuna! She was very patient with us (a mixed group of varying fitness levels: an elderly granddad of 80+ and a young kid of 8). Loved seeing Ryoanji."
* A traveler said: "Mie was a wonderful guide, very knowledgeable about the history of the area. It was fascinating to learn all about the Gion district. Thank you"
* A traveler said: "Tour guide was not specific enough some of us could not understand where to meet. What we saw was lovely and worth the money but we skipped Kobe and left tour at Osaka."
* A traveler said: "Great addition to our visit to Japan. Lake Biwa is beautiful, but the mountain village and visit to a traditional Japanese home/garden and mountain community was outstanding. The bike ride was a bit rough along the highway/lake, not sure how to work around that in the current state of the road and no shoulder to ride along."
* A traveler said: "The tour guide Haru, was very accommodating . The tour was nice , got to see 3 places in one day"
* A traveler said: "I booked this tour to try and beat the crowds at the Bamboo forest and Fushimi Inari, as we were visiting in late Autumn/Fall (late November), and Kyoto is known to be busy at this time. Indeed it was very busy, and I recommend doing this (getting up early). This tour was a great idea with a unique itinerary and we were so fortunate to have an excellent guide, Koichi. We were met at Kyoto station and it was so helpful to be taken straight to the trains needed to visit the 3 places in our tour - we had already bought Japan Rail Passes, so this was perfect for us. I really enjoyed the format of the tour. Koichi was so kind and patient and generous. He shared all kinds of interesting knowledge about Kyoto and our tour sights as well as other general recommendations for sight-seeing in Kyoto. Meeting Koichi was a highlight of our whole holiday to Japan actually and I highly recommend this tour. Byodoin Temple and the town of Uji ended up being my favourite places that we visited on this tour."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Katsura Imperial Villa (Katsura Rikyu)
- Chionji Temple (Hyakumanben Chionji Temple)
- Saiho-ji Temple
- Ninna-ji Temple
- Togetsu-kyo Bridge
- Heian Shrine (Heian Jingu)
- Ginkaku-ji Temple (Silver Pavilion)
- Jojakko-ji Temple
- Shoren-in Temple
- Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage Trail
- Kyoto Station
- Kinshi Masamune Horino Memorial Museum
- Teramachi Street
- Kyoto International Manga Museum
- Myoshin-ji Temple
- Shimogamo-jinja Shrine
- Kyoto Tower
- Eikan-do Zenrin-ji Temple
- Pontocho Alley
- Sannenzaka Ninenzaka
- Things to do in Kansai Prefecture
- Things to do in Osaka
- Things to do in Izumisano
- Things to do in Nagano
- Things to do in Kamakura
- Things to do in Kawagoe
- Things to do in Kawasaki
- Things to do in Tokyo
- Things to do in Musashino
- Things to do in Busan
- Things to do in Seoul
- Things to do in Incheon
- Things to do in Osaka Prefecture
- Things to do in Nagano Prefecture
- Things to do in Kanagawa Prefecture