Top Kyoto Kid-Friendly
Saved to wishlist!
Read MoreShow Less
Travelers flock to Kyoto for its historic temples and cherry blossoms. But it also offers plenty of options for little ones. Here are some kid-friendly attractions and walking tours you won’t want to miss while visiting the old Japanese capital.
- Take a day trip to Nara, where you can visit the famous deer park, or imagine the samurai at Nijo-jo Castle, an Edo-era fortress that looks straight out of the pages of a children’s book.
- Visit the Kyoto Zoo, the second oldest animal park in Japan, home to a petting zoo and more than a thousand creatures in total.
- Book a small-group walking tour, which allows for a more intimate experience at sights like Fushimi Inari Shrine and can be personalized for younger travelers.
- Marvel at the wide variety of food items for sale at the Nishiki Market, a bustling hub of commerce in the city center.
- Take a train-themed visit to Kyoto Railway Museum, an institution that lets you explore 19 vintage steam trains and even ride one. Then head to Kyoto Station to observe the steam-train’s modern successor, the bullet train, in action.
- Hike amidst the bamboo groves of nearby Arashiyama, with a stop at the nearby monkey park.
- Visit Kyoto Studio Park, a working film studio that offers film sets, a haunted house, arcades, and various rides.
- Observe aquatic wildlife at Kyoto Aquarium, where you can see frolicking dolphins, penguins, seals, and more.
1 result | All Kyoto Tours
Your child will get to experience different Japanese cultural activities during their time with us. Our friendly, English speaking staff will take care of your child. While your kids are with us, parents can enjoy sightseeing in a more relaxed manner. Local kids may join sometimes! Your kids can make friends with local kids and enjoy playing with kids from Japan. We have a morning class and an afternoon class. You can choose one or both!
Price varies by group size
Price varies by group size
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What Kid-Friendly in Kyoto are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Kyoto may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Hosen-in Temple Tours & Tickets
- Myoshin-ji Temple Tours & Tickets
- Yasaka Shrine (Gion Shrine) Tours & Tickets
- Nanzen-ji Temple Tours & Tickets
- Amanohashidate Tours & Tickets
- To-ji Temple Tours & Tickets
- Kyoto National Museum Tours & Tickets
- Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage Trail Tours & Tickets
- Kyoto Station Tours & Tickets
- Kamigamo Shrine Tours & Tickets
- Togetsu-kyo Bridge Tours & Tickets
- Ginkaku-ji Temple (Silver Pavilion) Tours & Tickets
- Pontocho Alley Tours & Tickets
- Chion-in Tours & Tickets
- Byodo-in Temple Tours & Tickets
- Nishi Hongan-ji Temple Tours & Tickets
- The Philosopher’s Path (Tetsugaku-no-michi) Tours & Tickets
- Sagano Tours & Tickets
- Shoren-in Temple Tours & Tickets
- Kennin-ji Temple Tours & Tickets
- Kyoto Temple Guide
- Best Gardens in Kyoto
- Nara Tours from Kyoto
- Top 5 Foods
- Sake Tasting in Kyoto
- How to Experience Cherry Blossom Season in Kyoto
- Things to Do in Kyoto This Spring
- Things to Do in Kyoto This Fall
- Things to Do in Kyoto This Winter
- Top Shopping Spots in Kyoto
- How to Get Around in Kyoto
- Sightseeing on a Budget in Kyoto
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets