Top Kyoto Unique Experiences
62 results | All Kyoto Tours
* A traveler said: "Must do experience if ever in Kyoto. We had a great time and had a lot of fun using the sword as well as learning about the warriors of Japan. The staff was very attentive and answer all of our questions. The pictures were exceptional very pleased."
* A traveler said: "It’s educational and it’s delicious. I learned so much about sake making and got to enjoy high quality sake during this tour. If you like sake, it’s a tour you shouldn’t miss."
* A traveler said: "A must do if you are in Kyoto. My husband and I had the best time with our master Emily. They speak a perfect English and they were so careful to make sure we are all fine :) I'm simply loved my experience and the tea was delicious"
* A traveler said: "Lots of fun and sights to see Teppet was an excellent guide, extremely knowledgeable, and easy to understand,"
* A traveler said: "A super-fun family activity! The show was excellent and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Thank you."
* A traveler said: "The instructor is very knowledgeable and friendly. The course took 1.5hr from basic knowledge to sake tasting with and without food. Amazing experience."
* A traveler said: "What a great way to spend a few hours, my wife and I were lucky enough to be the only ones in the class so we had all the attention. The lesson was interesting, lots of helpful tips to make the perfect Bento box (and it was). I would highly recommend this class."
* A traveler said: "What a great experience we all had! My boys loved the interactive part and learning the history of the Samurai and ninjas! Would recommend to everyone visiting Kyoto!"
* A traveler said: "My husband and I were the only two people in our group so we ended up having a private tour. Hikaru, our guide, was very sweet and let us go at our own pace. The final bar where we had our main sake tasting was off the beaten path and I'm sure we wouldn't have found it on our own. It was definitely worth the money!"
* A traveler said: "Excellent walking and public transport tour Helped us find spots we didn’t even know existed. Our guide was most informative about history and also everyday life in Japan."
* A traveler said: "We thoroughly enjoyed this experience! I was amazed at the work going into wearing a Kimono and my children loved the experience as well. They were friendly and answered all of my questions. They did my hair beautifully and we were able to venture around the area taking picture while wearing our Kimonos. There is a beautiful temple nearby that is easily in walking distance."
* A traveler said: "Had a great day! Kokoro was supper friendly and very knowledgeable. Learned a lot about Kyoto and look forward to the next visit. Highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "Our cooking lesson and dinner with MIchiyo was one of the highlights of our visit to Japan. We're looking forward to using her recipes to cook a meal at home!"
* A traveler said: "Our half-day with Alexi Tsubasa could not have been better. We had asked her to help us get acquainted with just walking about in Kyoto as well as taking us to shops where we would see the work of some of Kyoto's best artisans. (Great preparation - she emailed us a map in advance of our arrival, pinpointing potential places to visit.) We had a great time, bought several precious items, and had Kyoto's best sukiyaki. But the best part of the entire experience was just meeting Alexi and spending time with her. It immediately felt like we had just arrived in Kyoto and met an old friend who wanted to show us around her hometown. She was a perfect. (She has friends in New York - we're hoping to see her again if she ever comes to visit.!)"
* A traveler said: "Brilliant, fun, mesmerising, once in a lifetime experience. So highly recommended. Not only educational every staff member was friendly and looked after you. A special thanks to the Grand Master Sensai who was very patient with us and took care in ensuring tradition was followed and we were taught the correct technique with the Samarui swords. It was a privilege bestowed on to us with care and trust. Amazing experience, highly highly recommended- Worth it!"
* A traveler said: "We had a wonderful guide who was very informative and passionate. It started to pour rain and she very quickly changed things around to accommodate an inside venue rather than outdoor one. We also had our 3 year old with us and she was lovely with her! I found it so helpful to have a guide and just follow, rather than try to find my way around! My husband lived all the sake and we rolled him home. At one place he got to try 18 sake!!"
* A traveler said: "We had a great time and enjoyed to see more of the Kyoto after dark. A big thank you for Taibi our local guide who was very knowledgeable and informative."
* A traveler said: "This was such a lovely experience which I highly recommend. We were greeted and brought in to a lovely decorated old house. The whole ceramony was done so beautifully and the host made us feel so welcome. We had a chance to make the tea too and had so many yummy treats. I highly reccomend this experience."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Kyoto Station
- Nakasendo Way
- Chionji Temple (Hyakumanben Chionji Temple)
- Mimuroto-ji Temple
- To-ji Temple
- The Philosopher’s Path (Tetsugaku-no-michi)
- Shoren-in Temple
- Toei Kyoto Studio Park (Toei Uzumasa Eigamura)
- Gion Corner
- Kamogawa River (Kamo River)
- Yasaka Shrine (Gion Shrine)
- Himeji Castle (Himeji-Jo)
- Kinshi Masamune Horino Memorial Museum
- Ginkaku-ji Temple (Silver Pavilion)
- Tofuku-ji Temple
- Jojakko-ji Temple
- Gekkeikan Okura Sake Museum
- Kyoto Handicraft Center
- Kyoto International Manga Museum
- Things to do in Kansai Prefecture
- Things to do in Osaka
- Things to do in Izumisano
- Things to do in Nagano
- Things to do in Kamakura
- Things to do in Kawagoe
- Things to do in Kawasaki
- Things to do in Tokyo
- Things to do in Musashino
- Things to do in Busan
- Things to do in Seoul
- Things to do in Incheon
- Things to do in Osaka Prefecture
- Things to do in Nagano Prefecture
- Things to do in Kanagawa Prefecture