Plaza Muñoz Gamero Tours and Activities
This historic town square is among the most popular destinations in the Magallanes Region because of its unmistakable energy and close proximity to some of Punta Arenas’ major attractions. Travelers can easily walk from Plaza Munoz Gamero to Casa Braun-Menendez, the Sociedad Menendez Behety and the local cathedral, and many visitors agree that the best handmade crafts in town can be found here.
Walking the plaza takes only a few minutes, but most visitors gather at park benches or relax in the shade of trees to take in the sights and sounds of local life. Local folklore states kissing the statue of Magellan’s feet is good luck, so visitors looking to change their fortune should be sure to do so before leaving the plaza. A central information center also offers travelers maps and recommendations, making this a perfect first stop on a trip to Punta Arenas.
Tours and Activities to Experience Plaza Muñoz Gamero
- Magallanes Regional Museum (Braun-Menendez Palace)
- Magdalena Island (Isla Magdalena)
- Maggiorino Borgatello Salesian Museum (Museo Salesian)
- Punta Arenas Cruise Port
- Punta Arenas Municipal Cemetery
- Tres Puentes Wetland (Humedal Tres Puentes)
- Nao Victoria Museum (Museo Nao Victoria)
- Penguin Colony of Otway Sound (Seno Otway)
- Strait of Magellan
- Fort Bulnes (Fuerte Bulnes)