* A traveler said: "From start to end, this was the most amazing day. Bruno was warm and knowledgeable. He treated us like family with insights on the area and made sure all was perfect at each of the vineyards we visited. He curated a perfect day- private winery tour in the country, lunch with an amazing view at buzzy Gambino, and wrapping up the day with the delicious wines, hospitality and breathtaking views at Gibellina. I must add we felt at ease the entire trip thanks to Bruno ensuring we had water, tea, coffee, peaches (from his home!)… it was a true delight."
* A traveler said: "An amazing experience, Salvo was the perfect host and guide. The vineyard was beautiful, and wine tasting was very informative, relaxed and fun. Lunch at the farmhouse, delicious. One of our best days in Sicily."
* A traveler said: "This was hands down so much fun! Not your run of the mill class, Giovanni and his crew were attentive, informative, and went above and beyond to make the class fun. We met great people from across the globe and had plenty of laughs over food and wine. Truly a memorable experience and I highly recommend taking the class - you won't regret it!"
* A traveler said: "Very informative and well led tour with a caring staff. For those without an automobile, the tour is a very good value since both sites can be visited within a day tour. The only negative is that more time is required to see Villa Romana del Casale than was provided."
* A traveler said: "We had a tour with Roberto, it was very enjoyable and a great way to spend a day. Roberto was very friendly and informative and made the whole group laugh. We learned a lot and really enjoyed the snacks and drinks we got too. Highley recommend this trip for anyone you will not be disappointed"
* A traveler said: "I can't recommend this tour enough! Our tour guide Roberto was excellent. Really knowledgeable and very funny. Mount Etna is absolutely stunning as is the Alcantara Gorge. Our meal and wine tasting were really superb too. All in all it was a great day and I would do it again next time we are back in Sicily."
* A traveler said: "We were the oldest people in the group by about 25 years, however due to the expertise of the guides we had a fantastic experience. Quick tip, If you dont want to run the risk of loosing your glasses, bring contact lenses. I forgot my c/lenses and felt a little bit vulnerable because I couldnt always see the edges of the rocks clearly but the instructors were very patient with me and I felt safe at all times. A fantastic, very organised experience."
* A traveler said: "Alfredo was a brilliant guide. We felt like we learned a lot about the area during the lovely relaxed tastings. We would definitley reccomend this to any of our friends travelling to the area. It was a brilliant way to sample local dishes and wine."
* A traveler said: "We spent a great and funny morning with making pizza. We've already tried it at home, and the recept still worked :-)"
* A traveler said: "All 4 of us enjoyed our Private Tour up and around smoldering Etna. Though we just missed recent lava flow activity, our engaging and experienced Sicilian guide Roberto did an amazing job explaining the geology, geography, history and culture of the region. Interesting and fun. The tour ended at sunset with an incredible meal at the historic local Murgo Vineyard, where local Sicilian specialties were paired with various wine selections. At sunset, no less. A wonderful tour with an great guide followed by a delicious meal. As good as it gets. Highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "Great. Informative, Our guide was very knowledgeable pleasant and friendly. I would recommend it to anyone who is a fan of the movie. The scenery was spectacular Thank you Salo"
* A traveler said: "He made it a memorable day for our group. He was caring, fun and generous with his history of the areas. Our driver, Louisa, got us to and from our stops safely and conscientiously."
* A traveler said: "Beautiful boat journey, a once in a lifetime experience. Tour guide communicated clearly about the islands. The islands where very small and we were given plenty of time to go and explore. We witnessed the volcano erupting which was amazing and the sun set was fabulous. A great day out."
* A traveler said: "Great trip up Etna during sunset. It was well organised and our tour guide Simone was very knowledgeable"
* A traveler said: "One of the highlights of our trip. Massimo is incredibly knowledgeable and funny, you’ll get a sincere and insightful view on the whole process of choosing, cooking and eating Sicilian food. Him and Munir make you feel at home and give you all kinds of recommendations even for when you leave the class. Totally recommended!"
* A traveler said: "A day that will be remembered. Giuseppe is a pro for sure - punctual, informative and friendly. Very convenient to be riding around in a modern comfortable car. Etna was beautiful and the wine tasting and lunch at gambini was superb!"
* A traveler said: "Such a great tour!! Enzo picked us up at the hotel and we explored Mount Etna including him giving us a tour and time for us to explore on our own. Then he took us to a great honey and wine place for some tasting before going to alcantara gorge. Overall highly recommend this tour! He was so knowledgeable and great with English (and also spoke German to other tour members ) and made it a super great day."
* A traveler said: "Simone was a fantastic guide, sharing his extensive knowledge of the volcano and surrounding areas. We hiked to some of the larger craters, about 2000m up. The view spectacular! Bring good shoes for moderate hiking and layers to dress in, along with water. Glad we did this - beautiful and educational."
* A traveler said: "Salvo's donkey tour was the best part of my trip to Taormina. Salvo was very funny and warm, actually quite a character! He certainly took good care of his donkeys. They were such sweet creatures. My donkey's name was Gina. Salvo even let me to lead his three donkeys in the old village of Savoca. I did not know anything about Savoca. It turned out to be the movie site for Godfather. Savoca had a rich / long history, quiet and beautiful on top of the hill. To be honest, I don't quite remember the movie Godfather much. I came here for Sicilian countryside with donkeys, rather than chasing movie scenes. It was such a joy to climb up hills on dirt roads covered with pink flowers on soft and fluffy donkey. It was fascinating to meet local village people and hear about their stories, especially about St Lucia. Salvo showed me a few movie clips of Godfather. Of course, it was a bit shock to see the actual places where they made the movie, as well as meeting the local lady who was actually played a part in the movie. It was a fascinating day. Salvo told me that donkeys can have very long life. Maybe one day I can come back to meet Gina and Dantes again."
* A traveler said: "Our guide, Bruno, was really funny and interesting. We had a good time and we especially love the town of Savoca. But the time between the "dégustation" and the lunch was to close, so we were not hungry at all the enjoy the nice plate of fish."
* A traveler said: "What a fantastic experience. Simon our guide was very informative...... clearly loves Enta and great to talk to. When we went it was very cold and windy so bring lots of layers and a wind proof jacket."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Valley of the Temples (Valle dei Templi)
- Corvaja Palace (Palazzo Corvaja)
- Taormina Cathedral (Duomo) and Piazza del Duomo
- Corso Umberto I
- Villa Romana del Casale
- Taormina Old Town (Centro Storico)
- Taormina Cable Car (Funivia)
- Mazzarò Beach (Lido Mazzarò)
- Piazza IX Aprile
- Villa Comunale
- Santa Caterina Church (Chiesa di Santa Caterina)
- Taormina Cruise Port (Taormina Terminal Crociere)
- Alcantara Gorges (Gole dell'Alcantara)
- Circumetnea Railway (Ferrovia Circumetnea)
- Taormina Roman Odeon
- Taormina Piazza Duomo
- Taormina Greek Theatre (Teatro Greco)
- Isola Bella
- Things to do in Sicily
- Things to do in Catania
- Things to do in Messina
- Things to do in Syracuse
- Things to do in Agrigento
- Things to do in Palermo
- Things to do in Mellieha
- Things to do in Valletta
- Things to do in Capri
- Things to do in Amalfi
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Rome
- Things to do in Amalfi Coast
- Things to do in Puglia