Shows are performed by costume-clad live actors in both German and English. There is an emphasis on suspenseful storytelling and revealing characters from Berlin’s past such as infamous serial killer Carl Grossman. Experience the Elevator of Doom, the Labyrinth of the Lost, and a torture chamber during a visit. Several city passes and combination tickets include access to the Berlin Dungeon along with other attractions and it is accessible via a stop on the hop-on hop-off bus.
Things to know before you go
- The Berlin Dungeon is a must-see attraction for families seeking educational entertainment and travelers looking for spooky experiences.
- Children age 8 and below are not permitted in the Berlin Dungeon; the experience is recommended for children age 10 and up.
- The Berlin Dungeon is wheelchair-accessible with the exception of the river raft ride.
- Photography is not permitted during the tour.
How to get there
The Berlin Dungeon is located in the Mitte neighborhood at Spandauer Straße 2. It can be easily reached via public transportation; take the S-Bahn to either Hackescher Markt or Alexanderplatz. Other popular city landmarks are located within an easy walking distance including Berliner Dom, the German Historical Museum, and the Berlin State Opera.
When to get there
Berlin and its top attractions are especially busy during the summer months. To avoid the crowds, choose to visit at the weekend instead of a weekday. Check online for seasonal events at the Berlin Dungeon, including special programming for Halloween and Christmas.
Travelers interested in bringing home a little piece of the Berlin Dungeon may want to investigate the on-site shop. “Torture devices,” gimmicks, and other themed souvenirs are available for purchase.
- AquaDom & SEA LIFE® Berlijn
- Hackescher Markt
- Dom van Berlijn (Berliner Dom)
- Hackesche Höfe
- Museum van Otto Weidts werkplaats voor blinden (Museum Blindenwerkstatt Otto Weidt)
- Chamäleon Theater
- Otto Weidt Museum (Museum Blindenwerkstatt Otto Weidt)
- Anne Frank Centrum (Anne Frank Zentrum)
- Oude Nationale Galerie (Alte Nationalgalerie)
- Altes Museum (oud museum)
- Berlin TV Tower Restaurant
- Neues Museum (nieuw museum)
- Little Big City Berlijn
- Museumeiland (Museumsinsel)