Some of the most famous performers in the world—Josephine Baker, Shirley Bassey, Liza Minnelli to name a few—have graced the palace’s historic stages. Home to some of the city’s most elaborate performances, shows cater to a wide range of theater-goers including the LGBT community and children. “Vivid Grand Show” showcases 100 performers and more than 500 costumes designed by renowned French designer Jean Paul Gaultier.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Suitable for lovers of theater, dance, and performative arts; kids will enjoy the shows by the Young Ensemble.
- The venue is wheelchair-friendly.
- During special events, like film festivals, the theatre turns into a cinema.
- Friedrichstadt-Palast has four different seating options, including a VIP ticket that offers a welcome drink.
- Students and children from ages 6 - 14 receive a 25% discount; jobseekers and those over 65 receive a 20% discount
- Collect reserved tickets 30 minutes before the start of the show, at the latest.
How to Get There
Friedrichstadt-Palast is on Friedrichstrasse in Berlin’s Mitte district, near the Spree River and Monbijou Park. Parking is available on-site. Travelers taking public transport, hop on the U-Bahn line 6 to the Berlin Friedrichstrasse stop and walk about 3 minutes to the theater.
When to Get There
Purchase tickets at the box office, from 10:00am to 6:30pm. Performance times vary. Check tours or the theater’s website for details and purchase tickets in advance. The best time to visit Berlin is the spring (though it’s quite rainy, especially in May and June) and the summer month, especially for the legendary Love parade in July. Rates are lower in the fall and winter when temperatures drop.
Wall Sky Lounge For the Indulgent Night Out
For a bird’s eye view of the stage, splurge for tickets in the Wall Sky Lounge. Treats include a lounge with comfy leather armchairs, a dedicated elevator, attentive five-star service, and its very own bar. Ticket holders will also receive a glass of champagne, snacks ,and a programme. Meals and selected beverages are available for an additional fee. Children under the age of six are not allowed.
- Paleis van tranen (Tränenpalast)
- Nieuwe synagoge
- Bode Museum
- Dorotheenstadt Cemetery (Dorotheenstadtischer Friedhof)
- Pergamonmuseum (Pergamonmuseum)
- Duits Historisch Museum (Deutsches Historisches Museum)
- Museumeiland (Museumsinsel)
- Huis ontbreekt
- Oude Joodse Begraafplaats (Alter Jüdischer Friedhof)
- Neues Museum (nieuw museum)
- Unter den Linden
- Oude Nationale Galerie (Alte Nationalgalerie)
- Humboldt Universiteit van Berlijn
- New Guardhouse (Neue Wache)
- Altes Museum (oud museum)