Het museum zelf is gesloten op belangrijke nationale feestdagen en dinsdag. Anders worden de laatste tickets elke dag om 17.30 uur verkocht; het is slechts 3,20 € voor de permanente collecties, met verlaagde tarieven voor kinderen, studenten en senioren.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Musée des Beaux-Art is an ideal spot for art lovers; families will appreciate the large grounds where kids may play.
- A small fee is required, with reduced rates for kids, students and seniors.
- The museum is wheelchair accessible.
- Have a drink or a snack on the terrace of the cafe; it's closed on Sunday nights.
How to Get There
Musée des Beaux-Arts is located within the castle of William the Conqueror at Le Chateau in Caen. Take bus line A or B to Quatrans or Bellivet stops, or tram line T1 or T3 to the Château-Quatrans stop. If you are driving, there is parking for a fee at the foot of the castle. Parking reserved for people with reduced mobility is by the entrance facing the University. A train ride from Paris takes about 2 hours.
When to Get There
Musée des Beaux-Arts is open everyday except Tuesdays from morning to evening. Come early in the day to avoid crowds. Peak season for Caen, as well as the entire region of Normandy, is during the summer months. June especially sees many travelers who come to commemorate the anniversary of the D-Day landings.
Musée de Normandie Complement your deep dive into art with a visit to this outstanding museum, also located within the castle of William the Conqueror. Displays trace the history of the formation of Normandy, the culture of the region from prehistoric time, and following through to various eras of migration and finally of the culture of the region. Activities and workshops are available for all ages.
- Museum van Normandië (Musée de Normandie)
- Kasteel van Caen (Château de Caen)
- Abbaye aux Dames
- Abbaye aux Hommes
- Herdenkingsmuseum van Caen (Mémorial de Caen)
- Park van La Colline aux Oiseaux (Parc de La Colline aux Oiseaux)
- Pegasus Memorial Museum (Pegasus-brug)
- Ranville Oorlogsbegraafplaats
- Merville Batterij (Batterie de Merville)
- Mulberry Harbor
- Jurques Zoo (Zoo de Jurques)
- Trouville (Trouville-sur-Mer)