The museum celebrates the history of the Denver Fire Department with exhibits for both children and adults. Young children can dress up in firefighting gear, slide down a child-sized fire pole, and handle real firefighting tools. Adults will enjoy perusing the museum’s extensive collection of historical photos and artifacts and checking out the antique fire trucks and vintage tools. Guided tours are available and the museum offers a wide variety of fire safety and fire prevention courses.
Things to know before you go
- The Denver Firefighters Museum is a great kid-friendly attraction in downtown Denver.
- Reservations are required for guided tours, but self-guided walking tours are always available.
- Discounted admission if offered for kids, seniors, and firefighters.
- The museum is accessible with both wheelchairs and strollers.
How to get there
The Denver Firefighters Museum is located at 326 Tremont Place in downtown Denver close to the Colorado Convention Center and the Denver Art Museum. Metered street parking and pay lots are available near the museum. The museum is also easily accessed via bus and light rail.
When to get there
The museum is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10am to 4pm during winter. During summer months, the museum is open daily from 9:30am to 4pm. The museum features occasional special events like storytime and crafts and tours of the Denver Fire Department Station so check the events calendar prior to your visit.
Junior Firefighters Summer Camp
Firefighting summer camps are available for children aged 5-12 and is a dream come true for junior fire truck fans. Kids will meet real firefighters, tour working fire stations, and learn the basics of fire prevention and how fires are fought. Multiday and weekend camps are available.
- Bezienswaardigheden in Colorado
- Bezienswaardigheden in Fort Collins
- Bezienswaardigheden in Breckenridge
- Bezienswaardigheden in Colorado Springs
- Bezienswaardigheden in Vail
- Bezienswaardigheden in Aspen
- Bezienswaardigheden in Albuquerque
- Bezienswaardigheden in Sedona & Flagstaff
- Bezienswaardigheden in Phoenix
- Bezienswaardigheden in Las Vegas
- Bezienswaardigheden in Utah
- Bezienswaardigheden in New Mexico
- Bezienswaardigheden in Monument Valley
- Bezienswaardigheden in Arizona
- Bezienswaardigheden in Missouri
- Denver Mint
- Hard Rock Cafe Denver
- Denver Civic Center Park
- Denver Art Museum (DAM)
- Denver 16th Street Mall
- Colorado State Capitol Building
- Denver Centrum voor uitvoerende kunsten
- Molly Brown House Museum
- Lower Downtown Denver (LoDo)
- Elitch Gardens Theme and Water Park
- Downtown Aquarium
- Kindermuseum van Denver op Marsico Campus
- Denver Botanic Gardens
- Denver City Park