Het schiereiland Datça ligt aan de zuidwestkust van Turkije aan de zuidelijke Egeïsche Zee.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Suitable for art lovers of all ages.
- On tours, children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tours are wheelchair and stroller accessible.
- Remember swimwear, sun protection, and water for hydration.
How to Get There
Datça Peninsula lies on Turkey’s southwest coast between the Aegean and Mediterranean seas. The most popular way to reach the peninsula is through Bodrum and taking a cruise from there. Otherwise, fly from Istanbul to Dalaman (which is just over an hour flight), rent a car and drive to the peninsula; travel times vary according to the destination.
When to Get There
Datça Peninsula’s high season is July and August. Catch temperate weather and beat the crowds by visiting Marmaris late or early fall. Come in May for the Marmaris Maritime and Spring Festival celebrated with yacht races and street performances, or for the larger International Marmaris Yacht Festival late in the month. In June/July the Marmaris Cinema Festival takes over, and in October Marmaris hosts yet another maritime festival, the International Race Week.
Bozburun Peninsula The Bozburun Peninsula is a tiny mountainous peninsula on the larger Datça Peninsula, jutting out of its southern coast into the Mediterranean Sea. Popular for its sleepy sandy beaches, ancient cities, and lively nightlife, Bozburun is easily explored on a Jeep safari or as a stop during a yacht cruise. Go to the waterfalls and a carpet weavers association in the village of Turgut, or have a meal in the chic Selimiye.
- Bezienswaardigheden in Turkish Riviera
- Bezienswaardigheden in Sarigerme
- Bezienswaardigheden in Rhodes
- Bezienswaardigheden in Bodrum
- Bezienswaardigheden in Kos
- Bezienswaardigheden in Pamukkale
- Bezienswaardigheden in Kusadasi
- Bezienswaardigheden in Selçuk
- Bezienswaardigheden in Izmir
- Bezienswaardigheden in Antalya
- Bezienswaardigheden in Santorini
- Bezienswaardigheden in Alanya
- Bezienswaardigheden in Larnaca
- Bezienswaardigheden in Dodekanesos
- Bezienswaardigheden in West-Anatolië