Visit South Pointe Park to bike, jog, and relax with a picnic, all with some of the best views in South Beach. The best vistas are found from the pier, where you can walk out into the ocean and admire the view. The park is also a prime destination for tropical photos, offering a scenic backdrop for snapshots.
Though some Miami Beach tours visit the park, bike tours and Segway tours let you see more in less time while basking in Miami's subtropical climate. Most tours include other attractions around South Beach—like the Art Deco District, Lummus Park, and Wynwood—so it's easy to see more of the top attractions around the city.
Things to know before you go
- You can enjoy a quick snack at the park's café or a meal at the full-service restaurant.
- Families should visit the park's two playgrounds, while fishing fans can drop a line off the pier.
- South Pointe Park has a public restroom, playgrounds, and bike share docks.
How to get there
The park is located at the southern end of South Beach. Though sightseeing tours and Biscayne Bay cruises offer park views and easy transportation, independent travelers can use public transit. Your best option is the South Beach Loop trolley, which stops along South Pointe Drive. You can also find Citi Bike docking stations nearby if you want to pedal around South Beach.
When to get there
Since Miami is a premier destination for basking in the famous Florida sunshine, plan to visit South Pointe Park when the sun is out and the weather's warm. Winter is a popular tourist season—and you can expect some crowds—while summer is quite hot and humid, with possible hurricanes. November visits are the best way to split the difference.
How to Find the Best Food in Miami
Miami is famous for its cultural diversity, so foodies that want to experience Miami's gastronomic landscape can expect a range of flavors spanning Latin America, Cuban, and Caribbean culture. The best way to find the standout eateries in South Beach and Little Havana is with a food tour. Most include tastings (with snacks like guava pastries and plantain cups) and help you avoid the typical tourist traps.
- Bezienswaardigheden in Florida
- Bezienswaardigheden in Fort Lauderdale
- Bezienswaardigheden in Boca Raton
- Bezienswaardigheden in Everglades National Park
- Bezienswaardigheden in West Palm Beach
- Bezienswaardigheden in Napels
- Bezienswaardigheden in Freeport
- Bezienswaardigheden in Fort Myers
- Bezienswaardigheden in Key West
- Bezienswaardigheden in Cocoa Beach
- Bezienswaardigheden in Sarasota
- Bezienswaardigheden in Cape Canaveral
- Bezienswaardigheden in Nassau
- Bezienswaardigheden in Grand Bahama
- Bezienswaardigheden in New Providence
- Zuid strand
- Fisher Island
- Miami Beach
- Mango's Tropical Café
- Art Deco historische wijk
- Miami Washington Avenue
- World Erotic Art Museum (WEAM)
- New World Center
- Miami Cruise Port (PortMiami)
- Holocaustmonument Miami Beach
- Botanische tuin van Miami Beach
- Bass Museum of Art
- Rickenbacker Trail
- Miami Children's Museum