Marianske Lazne (Marienbad)
Meer lezenMinder weergeven
The spa town of Mariánské Láznĕ (also known as Marienbad) is one of the Czech Republic’s favorite getaways and easily accessible from Prague. With a balmy climate, panoramic mountain views, elegant architecture, and lush gardens, Mariánské Láznĕ is the perfect place for a day trip or relaxing weekend away from the big city.
Though spas are Mariánské Láznĕ's main draw, there are plenty more reasons to visit. Visitors can explore the Fryderyk Chopin Memorial Museum or wander quaint roads lined by coffee houses and turn-of-the-century apartments.
Full-day tours from Prague allow you to see the top sights of Mariánské Láznĕ, as well as Karlovy Vary (or Carlsbad), another famous spa town around 30 miles (48 kilometers) away. Tours typically include lunch and allow time to explore the towns and sample their mineral waters.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Mariánské Láznĕ is a must-visit for architecture and history fans.
- The town is ringed by forest, offering excellent walking trails.
- If you are visiting specifically for a spa treatment, it is advisable to book in advance.
How to Get There
Mariánské Láznĕ is around 100 miles (161 kilometers) west of Prague, off Highway 21. If driving, take exit 128 toward Planá (and expect to pay tolls). The town is also accessible via express train from Prague. It takes around three hours, including making a transfer in Pilsen (Plzeň). Alternatively, skip the hassle by booking a day tour from Prague that includes round-trip transportation.
When to Get There
Summer brings warm weather and an annual festival dedicated to the Polish composer Chopin, but, as it is Mariánské Láznĕ’s busiest tourist season, it also brings large crowds. Avoid the biggest crowds while still enjoying good weather in May or September.
The Singing Fountain
From the end of April through the end of October, the Singing Fountain (Zpívající fontána) puts on shows for visitors. Every two hours, on the odd hour from 7am to 10pm, the circular fountain dances to colored lights and recorded classical music.
Adres: Masarykova, Marianske Lazne, Czech Republic, Tsjechische Republiek
0 tours en activiteiten om Marianske Lazne (Marienbad) te ervaren
Geen resultaten gevonden!
- Bezienswaardigheden in Karlsbad
- Bezienswaardigheden in Český Krumlov
- Bezienswaardigheden in Passau
- Bezienswaardigheden in Linz
- Bezienswaardigheden in Wrocław
- Bezienswaardigheden in Wenen
- Bezienswaardigheden in Schwechat
- Bezienswaardigheden in Salzburg
- Bezienswaardigheden in Berlijn
- Bezienswaardigheden in Bratislava
- Bezienswaardigheden in München
- Bezienswaardigheden in Innsbruck
- Bezienswaardigheden in Bohemia
- Bezienswaardigheden in Opper-Oostenrijk
- Bezienswaardigheden in Neder-Oostenrijk