- Private 4x4 safari in Minneriya National Park
- Choose an early morning or afternoon safari
- Park entrance fees at own expense
- Price per vehicle, including pickup and drop-off at hotels within 3 miles (5 kilometers) of park entrance
Departure & Return
Pick up from selected Hotels in the Habarana area.
Park Gate of Minneriya National Park
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Head inside (own expense), meet your driver-guide, and board your private 4x4 — complete with rollaway top for open-top viewing in good conditions — and begin your safari. Composed of forest, marshlands, scrubland, and a vast reservoir lake, Minneriya’s diversity makes it a haven for many species, from elephants to birdlife.
Follow the tracks, watching for everything from the elusive Sri Lankan leopard and sloth bear to elephants, monkeys, water monitors, deer, and saltwater crocodiles, and at the reservoir, look for birds like the painted stork, pelicans, and cormorants.
In the early morning, you may see deer by the water while late afternoons may bring sightings of elephants enjoying their daily bath and birds returning to their nests. If you’re here from August to October, you might also see the ‘Elephant Gathering,’ when up to 150 elephants congregate in what seems to be an annual ritual.
Your safari ends at the park gate, or if you’re staying within 3 miles (5 kilometers), with a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Price is per vehicle
- A maximum of 6 people per vehicle
- Not recommended for children 5 and under
- Please Advise which safari would you like to go on when you making the booking.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Lakpura LLC
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms