4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Indulge your inner foodie on this 4-hour gourmet tasting tour and sample the edible delights of Athens. Take to the streets for a walking tour of Athens’ cafés, markets, delicatessens and street food haunts. Enjoy the undivided attention of your private food-expert guide as you uncover the secrets of Greek cuisine and learn more about the city’s culinary heritage. Stop along the way to sample local treats like sweet donuts, Greek bread and regional cheeses, washed down with Greek wine and freshly brewed coffee.
- Taste a selection of Greek specialties including koulóuria (sesame bread rings) and loukoumades (Greek donuts)
- Explore Varvakios Agora with an expert guide and learn about the city’s culinary history
- Visit specialty food stores to try local produce including wine and organic olive oil
- This private tour ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
Saved to wishlist!
Food and drink samples
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Pl. Monastirakiou 6, Athina 105 55, Greece
Monastiraki square in front of the little church on the square
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Animals or pets allowed
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please make sure you will not eat anything in advance cause the amount of food is plenty.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Athens Walks Tour Company
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Gourmet Food Walking Tour in Athens?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Gourmet Food Walking Tour in Athens?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Gourmet Food Walking Tour in Athens
3 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursDining ExperiencesWalking ToursStreet Food Tours Half-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursFood, Wine & NightlifePrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAthensFood Tours - OlympiaDining Experiences - OlympiaWalking Tours - OlympiaStreet Food Tours - OlympiaHalf-day Tours - OlympiaFood Tours - SantoriniDining Experiences - SantoriniWalking Tours - SantoriniStreet Food Tours - SantoriniHalf-day Tours - SantoriniFood Tours - IzmirDining Experiences - IzmirWalking Tours - IzmirStreet Food Tours - IzmirHalf-day Tours - IzmirCategory
National Gardens of Athens (Ethnikos Kipos)Dora Stratou Greek Dances TheaterMegalo KavouriMikrolimanoOlympic Stadium (OAKA)National History Museum (Ethnikó Istorikó Mouseío)Piraeus Cruise PortEugenides Foundation PlanetariumFrissiras MuseumAdrianou StreetVouliagmeni Beach (Akti Vouliagmenis)Parliament Building (Vouli)Cape SounionAthens War Museum (Polemiko Mouseio)Museum of Cycladic ArtMetropolitan Cathedral of Athens (Mitropoli)PlakaAnafiotikaKotzia Square (Plateia Kotzia)Monastiraki