- Walking tour of Athens' top historical attractions
- Visit Zappeion Hall, the Acropolis, the Zeus Temple and National Gardens
- Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your guide on this special private walking tour
- Expert guide specializing in the history of the Athens Acropolis
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure time : 9:30 AM - Please be at the meeting point 15 min. prior to given departure time (if you would like to arrange a different departure time, please notify us accordingly at the time of booking) Your guide will be waiting for you with an orange Athens Walking Tours sign inside of the Syntagma metro station, one level down, by the ticket validating machines located underneath the big central hanging clock
What To Expect
Continue to see the elegant Greek Parliament House at one end of the square. Pause to snap photos and view the Monument to the Unknown Soldier, guarded by the city's brightly uniformed evzones — presidential guards.
Cross the National Gardens and admire the neoclassical architecture of the Zappeion Hall and the ancient columns that front it — the remains of the Temple of Zeus and Hadrian’s Arch. Next, stroll through the paved streets of Plaka, Athens’ charismatic Old Town. Drink in the atmosphere of this charming neighborhood with its tavernas and bars, and pass the Lysicrates Monument as your guide explains how this large stone pedestal was used to display a competition trophy in the 4th century BC.
Inspect the remnants of an early Christian church, and then follow the Dionyssiou Areopagitou walkway to the UNESCO-listed Acropolis, the ancient citadel set on a rock high above the city. As you walk up the slopes, pause to see the Dionysious Sanctuary, Mars Hill, the Philopappos Hill monument and the Odeon of Herodes.
Pay the Acropolis entrance fee (own expense) and tour the age-old remains with your guide. View highlights such as the Temple of Athena Nike and the Propylaea gateway, and focus on the astonishing Parthenon, the Acropolis’ showpiece monument. Listen to in-depth commentary about each of the treasures, and uncover fascinating facts about their construction and history.
As you wander round, stop to absorb the stellar views down over Athens and capture them on camera.
Your tour concludes when your guide departs, leaving you free to continue exploring Athens at your leisure.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Athens Walking Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms