- Make a Sri Lankan lunch the local way on a private Galle home-cooking class
- Get to the heart of local cuisine rather than depend on restaurant menus
- Visit markets and make dishes such as curry at your hosts’ Galle Fort home
- Savor your meal as you chat to your hosts about Sri Lankan food and life
Departure & Return
Please meet your hosts Kodi and Meena at her home in Fort Galle neighborhood of Galle. Exact address can be found in your ticket upon booking confirmation.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Fully refundable up to 48 hours prior to experience; since our hosts begin preparing for your experience up to 2 days in advance, we cannot offer a refund for cancellations made within 48 hours of the experience
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Private, personalized experience
- Please note, this is not a commercial cooking class, rather this experience is a visit into a Galle home to meet a local who is an expert cook, and share Sri Lankan culture and cuisine together.
- Kodi and Meena can offer a vegetarian meal on request, please advise at time of booking if required. They also run a home stay, so you might see other guests while you're there, however your Traveling Spoon experience will remain private.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Traveling Spoon, Inc
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff