1 hour (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Exploring the narrow alleyways of Kyoto’s Geisha District—Gion can be daunting for a first-time visitor. Eliminate the worry of getting lost by going on a guided tour. It’s a great way to discover hidden places that locals love, and to hear about Kyoto’s ancient past. Highlights include learning about Geisha culture and rituals, and visiting Gion, Pontocho, and Miyagawacho.
- Great choice for travelers interested in learning about Geisha culture
- Save time—see Gion, Pontocho, and Miyagawacho in one evening
- Discover the best of Gion with a guide so you don’t get lost
- See Tatsumi Daimyojin Shrine and other historic landmarks
Saved to wishlist!
Licensed Local Guide
Departure & Return
Gion Tatsumi-jinja (Tatsumi Daimyojin) , 59 Motoyoshichō, Higashiyama Ward, Kyoto, 605-0087, JapanThis activity will end right where it started.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Japan Guide Agency
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Gion Evening Highlights Tour with Nationally-Licensed Guide?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Gion Evening Highlights Tour with Nationally-Licensed Guide?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Gion Evening Highlights Tour with Nationally-Licensed Guide?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Gion Evening Highlights Tour with Nationally-Licensed Guide?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 92136P20
Compare Similar Experiences
Gion Evening Highlights Tour with Nationally-Licensed Guide
3 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 3 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingKyotoCity Tours - Kansai PrefectureWalking Tours - Kansai PrefectureHistorical Tours - Kansai PrefectureCity Tours - OsakaWalking Tours - OsakaHistorical Tours - OsakaCity Tours - IzumisanoWalking Tours - IzumisanoHistorical Tours - IzumisanoCategory
Eikan-do Zenrin-ji TempleMt. KuramaShimogamo-jinja ShrineSaganoKamogawa River (Kamo River)Nakasendo WayHeian Shrine (Heian Jingu)Teramachi StreetNishiki MarketKyoto StationKatsura Imperial Villa (Katsura Rikyu)Tofuku-ji TempleSannenzaka NinenzakaTenryu-ji TempleThe Philosopher’s Path (Tetsugaku-no-michi)Kodai-ji TempleMimuroto-ji TempleNinna-ji TempleDaitoku-ji TempleKamigamo Shrine