2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
One of the best souvenirs any traveler can bring back from Japan is the ability to make and appreciate authentic Japanese sushi. Get up to speed with the art of making sushi, Japanese soup and pickled ginger during this small group cooking class. Capped at eight people, this class offers a relaxed environment that other, larger sushi classes often don’t – and a hands on experience that you can’t get from cooking channels on the internet or TV.
- More than just good food: learn to navigate the complex etiquette of Sushi dining
- Enjoy the challenge, as well as the satisfaction, of making your own Sushi
- An aperitif and Japanese green tea complement your meal
- Your guide shares some Japanese culinary history while you eat
Saved to wishlist!
All ingredients for cooking
English-speaking cooking instructor
Japanese green tea
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
22-58 Nishinokyō Ikenouchichō, Nakagyo Ward, 京都市中京区 Kyoto 604-8375, Japan
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Japanese Cooking Class Roujiya
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Sushi - Authentic Japanese Cooking Class - the best souvenir from Kyoto!
1 hour 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesCooking ClassesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeUnique ExperiencesKyotoUnique Experiences - Kansai PrefectureCooking Classes - Kansai PrefectureUnique Experiences - OsakaCooking Classes - OsakaUnique Experiences - IzumisanoCooking Classes - IzumisanoCategory
Togetsu-kyo Bridge Tours & TicketsChionji Temple (Hyakumanben Chionji Temple) Tours & TicketsChion-in Tours & TicketsShoren-in Temple Tours & TicketsNakasendo Way Tours & TicketsByodo-in Temple Tours & TicketsUji Bridge (Uji-bashi) Tours & TicketsGinkaku-ji Temple (Silver Pavilion) Tours & TicketsKyoto Handicraft Center Tours & TicketsToei Kyoto Studio Park (Toei Uzumasa Eigamura) Tours & TicketsSagano Tours & TicketsJojakko-ji Temple Tours & TicketsNanzen-ji Temple Tours & TicketsKamigamo Shrine Tours & TicketsGion Corner Tours & TicketsPontocho Alley Tours & TicketsNishiki Market Tours & TicketsSannenzaka Ninenzaka Tours & TicketsHeian Shrine (Heian Jingu) Tours & TicketsKyoto Tower Tours & Tickets