2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
If you’re visiting Japan for the first time, receive a cultural introduction to the country during a tea ceremony in traditional kimonos. During the ceremony, learn about Japanese history and sample matcha green tea, a local specialty. Plus, wearing a traditional kimono means you leave the experience with fantastic photographs to commemorate your time in Kyoto.
- Combine two integral parts of Japanese culture during your time in Kyoto
- Experience a tea ceremony for a first-hand cultural experience
- Wear a traditional kimono to enhance your experience
- Receive personalized attention in a small group limited to eigh people
Saved to wishlist!
Hairstyling (simple style)
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
KIMONO , 329 Ebiyachō, Nakagyo Ward, Kyoto, 604-8076, JapanThis activity will end right where it started.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please let us know if you have any food allergies or Halal, vegan, vegetarian preferences.
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Maikoya
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during PRIVATE Experience Tea Ceremony wearing a Kimono in Kyoto MAIKOYA?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- "It was so cool to dress up in the kimono color of our choice and take pictures with the backgrounds they’d set up." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
PRIVATE Experience Tea Ceremony wearing a Kimono in Kyoto MAIKOYA
1 hour 30 minutes
1 hour 10 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesCooking ClassesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeUnique ExperiencesKyotoUnique Experiences - Kansai PrefectureCooking Classes - Kansai PrefectureUnique Experiences - OsakaCooking Classes - OsakaUnique Experiences - IzumisanoCooking Classes - IzumisanoCategory
Heian Shrine (Heian Jingu)Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage TrailByodo-in TempleKinshi Masamune Horino Memorial MuseumNinna-ji TempleTeramachi StreetGinkaku-ji Temple (Silver Pavilion)Daitoku-ji TempleSannenzaka NinenzakaJojakko-ji TempleChionji Temple (Hyakumanben Chionji Temple)Kodai-ji TempleHosen-in TempleNanzen-ji TempleKyoto StationKamogawa River (Kamo River)Ryoan-ji Temple & GardenPontocho AlleySaiho-ji TempleKatsura Imperial Villa (Katsura Rikyu)