4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
It can be hard to know where to go to get the best local food in a city as full of delicacies as Kyoto. Join a professional guide for a 3-hour tour of the Nishiki Market, Gion district and beautiful Fushimi Inari-taisha shrine. Visit "Kyoto’s kitchen," learning about the history of food and tasting unique dishes such as tofu skin, pickled vegetables, and sake. Your guide takes you through Gion to see historic landmarks, spot Geisha, and give you a glimpse of Japanese spirituality.
- Discover the history and culture of Kyoto through its local food
- Try snacks from the vendors at Nishiki Market
- Learn Japanese spiritual traditions and visit an authentic shrine
- Walking tour includes train free from Gion to Fushimi Inari-taisha shrine
Saved to wishlist!
Local and Professional guide
Lunch (Tofu skin, Sesami Cracker, Daggertooth pike conger eel, Omelet, Croquette, Sake, Sweets)
Pick up sample food
Train ticket fee from Gion to Fushimi Inari
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transportation fee from your hotel to meetup place
Other personal expenses
Departure & Return
Tachiuri Nishimachi, Shimogyo Ward, Kyoto, 600-8007, Japan
In front of Kyoto Daimaru Department Store(South main entrance)
68 Fukakusa Yabunouchichō, Fushimi Ward, Kyoto, 612-0882, Japan
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- If you have severe dietary restrictions, it may not be possible to arrange food for you.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Japan Wonder Travel
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Kyoto Food Walking Tour in Nishiki Market and Gion with Fushimi Inari shrine?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Kyoto Food Walking Tour in Nishiki Market and Gion with Fushimi Inari shrine?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Kyoto Food Walking Tour in Nishiki Market and Gion with Fushimi Inari shrine?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Kyoto Food Walking Tour in Nishiki Market and Gion with Fushimi Inari shrine?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Do not eat before this tour - I repeat - do not eat before this tour." See review
Product code: 21490P46
Compare Similar Experiences
Kyoto Food Walking Tour in Nishiki Market and Gion with Fushimi Inari shrine
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursRail ToursMarketsWalking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifeLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingKyotoFood Tours - Kansai PrefectureRail Tours - Kansai PrefectureMarkets - Kansai PrefectureWalking Tours - Kansai PrefectureHalf-day Tours - Kansai PrefectureFood Tours - OsakaRail Tours - OsakaMarkets - OsakaWalking Tours - OsakaHalf-day Tours - OsakaFood Tours - IzumisanoRail Tours - IzumisanoMarkets - IzumisanoWalking Tours - IzumisanoHalf-day Tours - IzumisanoCategory
Pontocho AlleyKyoto National MuseumHimeji Castle (Himeji-Jo)Kamogawa River (Kamo River)Tenryu-ji TempleShoren-in TempleKiyotaki RiverKinshi Masamune Horino Memorial MuseumGinkaku-ji Temple (Silver Pavilion)Nakasendo WayHeian Shrine (Heian Jingu)Kyoto StationKamigamo ShrineChionji Temple (Hyakumanben Chionji Temple)Toei Kyoto Studio Park (Toei Uzumasa Eigamura)Eikan-do Zenrin-ji TempleSaganoMimuroto-ji TempleKumano Kodo Pilgrimage TrailAmanohashidate