- Explore a mix of Kyoto's lesser-known sights and top attractions on this 'hidden' bike tour
- Enjoy a safe, easy, cycle ride of 4.9 miles (8 kilometers) that's suitable for all fitness levels and anyone over age 13
- Visit top Kyoto temples like the UNESCO-listed Kinkakuji and Kitano Tenmagu
- Escape the tourists as you visit Kyoto's quiet side streets and intimate Zen gardens known only to locals
- Foldable rental bike and helmet included
- Great way to see more than the typical guidebook attractions in Kyoto
Departure & Return
Please use google maps and search NORU KYOTO BIKE TOURS Look for our green TripAdvisor flag outside the Cycle Village bike shop
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Check out some of Kyoto’s most famous UNESCO World Heritage-listed temples and shrines like Kinkakuji, along with other key religious sites including Daitokuji Temple Complex and Kitanotenmangu Temple. You’ll continue by pedaling well-off the Kyoto’s typical tourist path, seeking out some of the city’s more intimate spaces, lesser-known side streets and quiet Zen gardens. In other words, it’s a perfect chance to ‘go beyond your guidebook’ while experiencing a different side of this historic Japanese city.
Finish your trip back at your original starting point at the end of your ride.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 13 years
- No-shows or missed bookings due to lateness are nonrefundable
- Must arrive 15 minutes prior to departure time, we depart promptly at 9 am or 1 pm if we do not hear from you
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY NORU
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms