- Full day tour of Kyoto's cultural and historic attractions
- Discover top city highlights such as Nijo Castle, Kinkaku-ji Temple, and the Fushimiinari Taisha Shrine
- Explore the Kyoto Imperial Palace with your guide, once residence of Japan’s Imperial family
- Admire the Thousand Armed Kannon and the legion of 1,000 life-size statues at the Buddhist temple of Sanju-Sangendo Hall
- Visit the Kiyomizu Temple and enjoy panoramic views over Kyoto from the temple’s terrace
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Venture first to Nijo Castle, a superficially deceptive structure that harbors a magnificent interior; stroll the lavishly decorated chambers and marvel at glittering gold leaf and opulent tones as your guide offers tales of the building’s heritage.
Next, absorb the sacred ambiance of Kinkaku-ji Temple, an elegant ecclesiastical structure declared Kyoto’s most popular temple. Stroll the exquisitely beautiful Japanese garden and the celebrated Golden Pavilion before venturing to the next destination.
Satisfy cultural cravings at Kyoto Imperial Palace and marvel at the regal resplendence of the residence. Appreciate the simple and serene Japanese style as you explore opulent chambers and learn of ancient ceremonies that still occur within the walls.
Enjoy a moment of quiet reflection at the vibrant Fushimiinari Taisha Shrine then head to the Buddhist temple of Sanju-Sangendo Hall and gaze at the 1,000 life-size statues that inhabit the grand hall. Conclude your tour with a leisurely stroll down a charming lane lined with pottery shops and arrive at Kiyomizu Temple. Marvel at panoramic vistas of the city from the vertiginous vantage point of a lofty terrace then return to your comfortable vehicle for the relaxing journey on your way back.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Some parts of road on this tour are gravel and steep inclines
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat. Infant meals not included
- This tour will not enter Heian Jingu Shrine's Shin-en garden
- The Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed on the following days. As such, the tour will visit Kitano Tenmangu Shrine instead. (Mondays, Tuesday if Monday is a national holiday, May 14-17 for the Aoi Festival, New Year's holidays, and whenever there is an Imperial Household event).
- The tour will visit Nishi Hongan-ji Temple instead of Kitano Tenmangu Shrine on May 25.
- Nijo Castle is closed on Tuesdays in January, July, August, and December. (Closed on the following day if Tuesday is a holiday.) If closed, or if the tour is during the year-end/New Year's holidays, Ryoan-ji Temple will be visited instead.
- During the Gion Festival (Sakimatsuri, July 15-16), drop-off service to Karasuma Kyoto Hotel and Hotel Nikko Princess Kyoto will be unavailable due to traffic restrictions.
- Please note that due to repair and restoration work, part or all of the Kiyomizu-dera Temple Main Hall will not be visible.
- A set menu meal will be served for lunch. For those who would like a vegetarian meal, please make sure to inform us at the time of reservation. If requests are not provided in advance, same-day changes cannot be accepted. Halal, gluten-free, and other meal requests are not available.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- For those that don't require lunch, please make a booking for the 'without lunch' plan. The 'without lunch' plan provides customers with free time to eat on their own in the Kyoto Station area.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 44 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Kyoto Highlights 1 Day Trip - Golden Pavilion and Kiyomizu Temple from Kyoto.