- Culinary tour of Nishi Market in Kyoto
- Explore the flavors that make Kyoto cuisine special
- Sample and taste your way around by visiting 12 family-owned shops, some dating back hundreds of years
- Try some of the world's smoothest sashimi, tofu, macha, dashi, tamagoyaki, and fresh seafood
- Learn about the process of production from harvest to sale, at the market to preservation
- Your guide can answer all your questions about Nishiki, Kyoto, and special Kyoto foods
Departure & Return
Meet up point: In front of Lacoste Kawaramachi ラコステ 京都店 Address: Naramonochi 375, Kyōto-fu, Kyōto-shi, Shimogyō-ku, 〒600-8004 〒600-8004 京都府京都市下京区奈良物町 四条通寺町西入奈良物町375
End point: Karasuma area
What To Expect
Sample regional specialties like tsukemono, a dish of pickled vegetables from the surrounding mountains; yuuba, or shashimi tofu made from mountain water; and sparkling sake straight from the tap. Visit family-owned shops throughout the tour to get a broader sense of Japanese cuisine from local favorites to national classics.
Your guide provides detailed information about each dish from farm to plate, giving you not only a literal taste of Japanese food, but also a taste of Japanese culture.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Passport information copy is required for kids 10 and above.
- Same-day Booking available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- For solo travelers, please email us
- Equal quality substitute for unavailable regular restaurants
- Changes to tours and spots we visit may occur due to schedules of restaurants, public holidays, weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances. Applicable substitutions will be made in this case.
- Vegetarian Friendly, Pescatarian.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arigato Japan KK
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff