1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Sushi is a staple of Japanese cuisine and enjoyed all around the world, but there’s nowhere better to try it than Japan. On this tour, learn the secrets of making sushi with a class at the Umemori Sushi School in Kyoto and get hands-on as you cook the shari (rice), grill the seaweed, and practice rolling maki (sushi rolls). Create an array of delicious sushi, which you can enjoy with traditional udon noodles, or upgrade and learn to make dashi rolls and tempura too.
- Sushi-making class with a professional chef
- Home-made sushi lunch including 8 sushi pieces
- Souvenir photos to share your experience with friends and family
- Choice of classes and times throughout the day
Saved to wishlist!
8 pieces of sushi
extra fatty tuna or sweet and almost creamy, fresh, red shrimp on your own!
Local English Speaking Teacher
8 pieces of Sushi
Lecture about how to make Sushi
Other Japanese food such as Tenpura、Tofu(SOY)、Pork Shabu-Shabu
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Takeda Matsubayashicho , Takeda Matsubayashicho, Fushimi Ward, Kyoto, 612-8371, JapanThis activity will end right where it started.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant meals not included.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers including children.
- Vegetarian option is available. Please advise at time of booking if required.
- Allergies, non-raw, gluten-free, Muslim-friendly, and other options are also available.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY Umemori Sushi School
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Learn How to Make Sushi! Light class- Kyoto School
1 hour 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 15 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesCooking ClassesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeUnique ExperiencesKyotoUnique Experiences - Kansai PrefectureCooking Classes - Kansai PrefectureUnique Experiences - OsakaCooking Classes - OsakaUnique Experiences - IzumisanoCooking Classes - IzumisanoCategory
Pontocho AlleyJojakko-ji TempleUji Bridge (Uji-bashi)Eikan-do Zenrin-ji TempleRyoan-ji Temple & GardenMimuroto-ji TempleNinna-ji TempleNishiki MarketShimogamo-jinja ShrineToei Kyoto Studio Park (Toei Uzumasa Eigamura)Tofuku-ji TempleHimeji Castle (Himeji-Jo)Kyoto National MuseumByodo-in TempleNanzen-ji TempleGekkeikan Okura Sake MuseumSaiho-ji TempleChion-inKiyotaki RiverTeramachi Street