3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Saved to wishlist!
Private cooking demonstration and meal with your host Midori N.
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointMeet your host Midori at her cooking studio.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian, vegan, kosher and halal option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- Please note, this is not a commercial cooking class, rather this experience is a visit into a Kyoto home to meet a local who is an expert cook, and share Japanese culture and cuisine together.
- Please note that you have to choose between three different set menu options after making your booking.
- Please note, this is not a hands-on cooking class, but a cooking demonstration!
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Traveling Spoon, Inc
You can cancel up to 3 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 3 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Cooking Lesson and Meal with A Kyoto Local?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Cooking Lesson and Meal with A Kyoto Local?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Private Cooking Lesson and Meal with A Kyoto Local?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Cooking Lesson and Meal with A Kyoto Local?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Cooking Lesson and Meal with A Kyoto Local
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesCooking ClassesClasses & WorkshopsFood, Wine & NightlifeUnique ExperiencesKyotoUnique Experiences - Kansai PrefectureCooking Classes - Kansai PrefectureUnique Experiences - OsakaCooking Classes - OsakaUnique Experiences - IzumisanoCooking Classes - IzumisanoCategory
Shimogamo-jinja Shrine Tours & TicketsKiyotaki River Tours & TicketsTogetsu-kyo Bridge Tours & TicketsKyoto Station Tours & TicketsThe Philosopher’s Path (Tetsugaku-no-michi) Tours & TicketsYasaka Shrine (Gion Shrine) Tours & TicketsHosen-in Temple Tours & TicketsRyoan-ji Temple & Garden Tours & TicketsDaitoku-ji Temple Tours & TicketsNishiki Market Tours & TicketsGekkeikan Okura Sake Museum Tours & TicketsSagano Tours & TicketsKatsura Imperial Villa (Katsura Rikyu) Tours & TicketsGion Corner Tours & TicketsKodai-ji Temple Tours & TicketsSannenzaka Ninenzaka Tours & TicketsUji Bridge (Uji-bashi) Tours & TicketsNishi Hongan-ji Temple Tours & TicketsTofuku-ji Temple Tours & TicketsToei Kyoto Studio Park (Toei Uzumasa Eigamura) Tours & Tickets