Explore our promoted experiences
- Private tour from La Paz to the pre-Incan archeological site of Tiwanaku
- Tour the ruins, a UNESCO World Heritage site, with a knowledgeable private guide
- See adobe structures like the Kalasasaya temple and Akapana pyramid
- Contemplate the mysterious symbols on the Gateway of the Sun
- Learn about the puzzling details surrounding the end of the Tiwanaku civilization
- Private tour includes hotel transport and provides a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Enrich your knowledge of one of the most significant civilizations in the Americas as you discover ancient structures like Puerta del Sol (Gateway of the Sun) and the mystifying Kalasasaya temple. Hear of the city’s 200 BC origin and delve into the mysterious circumstances surrounding the empire’s disappearance while admiring the stone faces and anthropomorphic relics of various pyramids and platforms.
Conclude your tour after an enriching 2-hour tour of the complex, then bid your guide farewell on return to your La Paz hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable shoes and clothing and bring bottled water, sunscreen and a hat
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Fremen Tours Bolivia (FTB)
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.