- Full-day walking tour of Himeji, by rail from Osaka
- Follow an experienced guide on foot to Himeji Castle, a UNESCO World Heritage site and national treasure built in 1580
- Enjoy a lunch buffet featuring both Japanese and Western cuisines
- See views from the Akashi Kaikyo Bridge as you stroll its interior Maiko Marine Promenade
- Ride the JR rapid rail round-trip from Osaka
Departure & Return
What To Expect
From the station, walk for a few minutes to reach Himeji Castle, a UNESCO World Heritage site. The national treasure is also known as Shirasagi Castle (White Heron Castle), as it resembles a white heron in flight. Your guide shows you around the sprawling five-story complex. Admire the detailed artistry of the 14th-century castle and hear about feudal times in Japan.
Next, step outside on the grounds of Himeji Castle to relax over a diverse lunch buffet with both Japanese and Western fares.
Sated, you will depart Himeji on the JR Special Rapid Service or Rapid Service (non-reserved seat) and head to Maiko station, located just a short walk from Akashi Kaikyo Bridge. Peruse the exhibits in the Bridge Exhibition Center to learn about more about this suspension bridge, which stretches 12,828 feet (3,910 meters) between the city of Kobe and Awaji-shima Island.
Your guide then takes you for a stroll on the Maiko Marine Promenade, an observation walkway with sections of glass flooring through which you can glimpse the waters of Akashi Strait below your feet. The promenade is located under the bridge roadway, 154 feet (47 meters) above the water, and offers another perspective on the bridge and its surroundings. After visiting the bridge, return via train to Kyoto Station when your tour ends in the early evening.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants (0-5 years) are free of charge provided they don't occupy a seat; no meal provided
- Please note that public transportation will be used during this tour and seating is not guaranteed
- Total walking distance on this tour is about 4 km, so please wear shoes and clothing which are easy to walk in
- Himeji Castle is not wheelchair accessible. Participants must climb some steep staircases
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The tour ends at Osaka Station, and there is no drop-off service to hotels.
- The order of activities and arrival times may differ depending on road conditions and congestion at destinations.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY JTB Global Marketing & Travel Inc.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by World Heritage of Himeji Castle and Akashi Kaikyo Bridge walking tour from Osaka.
- "It’s quite an expensive tour for not much to see and do." See review