- Full- or Half-day tour to the Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) from Seoul
- Hear expert commentary from a knowledgeable guide as you visit historical sites at the DMZ
- See artillery and war artifacts at Imjingak Park and explore the Freedom Bridge on foot
- Visit the 3rd Infiltration Tunnel and view war photos at the DMZ exhibition hall
- Get a glimpse of North Korean village life from the Dora Observatory
- Choose a morning or afternoon tour to suit your schedule
- Upgrade to include lunch with shopping for unique souvenirs at Insadong Antique Market
Departure & Return
Last Departure place : Hongik Univ. Subway Station exit no 3 Morning/ morning with lunch / full day : 08:20am Afternoon : 11:40am
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
(If you choose the Full Day Tour option, we will drop you off at the hotel back)
What To Expect
Stop first in Imjingak, a park with war artifacts and artillery from the Korean conflict. Continue to the Freedom Bridge, where nearly 13,000 Korean POWs were exchanged at the end of the war.
Next up, see the 3rd Infiltration Tunnel, believed to have been built by North Korea for a military invasion. Discovered in 1978, the tunnel was blocked by the South Koreans at the border’s military demarcation line. Afterward, check out artifacts and photographs from the Korean War at the DMZ Museum.
Continue by coach to the Dora Observatory, where you can use provided binoculars to scope out North Korea. Observe a North Korean model village called Kijongdong as your guide explains the backstory of this surreal border region.
Your final destination is Dorasan Station, a train station that once connected North and South Korea and today carries symbolic significance, which your guide details as you take in the site. Wrap up your visit to the DMZ by passing the Unification Village, a small farming community that models the daily life of a typical South Korean farm community.
If you choose the half-day tour only, you are dropped off at City Hall in Seoul after a brief stop at a ginseng center en route. If you choose the morning half-day tour with lunch upgrade, your guide takes you to lunch at a restaurant in Seoul after visiting the DMZ. The full-day tour visits the DMZ in the morning, returns to Seoul for lunch, then hits Insadong Antique Street—which contains a magnificent variety of boutiques, antique stores, tea houses, and art galleries—before a return to your hotel in the afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- NOTE: The upgraded lunch option and visit to the ginseng center are temporarily unavailable because of restrictions due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- A current valid passport is required the day of travel.
- You do not need to send a copy of your passport
- If a part of the tour itinerary is cancelled by unexpected military conditions or local circumstances, there will be no refund
- A moderate amount of walking through a steep and narrow tunnel involved - Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended
- Please contact the local operator for exact pickup time
- A minimum of 3 adults is required to book the tour
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY SEOUL CITY TOUR CO. LTD.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms