Explore our promoted experiences
- 3-hour cooking experience in a Korean-style house in Seoul
- Small-group limited to seven people provides an intimate experience
- Walk along the city streets to a local market to pick up cooking ingredients
- Go into a local Korean-style home, and learn to cook your traditional Korean food
- Enjoy eating the dishes you created with your group and cooking instructor
- Different menu items will be cooked depending on what day you choose
Departure & Return
Meeting Point: Jegidong station exit 2 (제기동역 2번출구)
What To Expect
Your guide (who later becomes your cooking instructor) takes you and a small-group limited to seven on a short walking tour through the city to a local market. At the market, following the lead from your guide, your group picks up all the ingredients needed to make the recipes that have been planned out for the day.
Please note your meal has been planned differently by the day you chose for this experience. On Monday, you'll make samgyetang. If you chose a Thursday class, you’ll make kimchi. If you chose a Tuesday or Saturday class,you’ll make bulgogi, japchae, and deonjang jjigae. Fridays are reserved for bibimbap, and Sunday classes involve making a variety of Korean desserts.
After the market, your guide shows you the way to a Korean-style house in a local neighborhood. He or she sets you up in the kitchen with the others, and class begins. Learn how to make the popular Korean dishes on the menu for the day.
Once everything has been fully prepared, sit down and taste what you’ve created. Chat with your group members and cooking instructor before they bring you back to the station exit you were picked up from. Morning tea is included on all of the tours.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- A minimum of 1 people per booking is required
- OME's each class consists of Korean food (3dishes) Menu. It can be changed if you have an allergy or special needs(ex: gluten-free, Halal, vegetarian).
- Composed of 3 different menu items.
- For vegetarians, we recommend the menu on Wednesdays and Fridays. On the other days, we will tofu and mushrooms instead of meats.
- Guests over 14 years are charged adult price.
- Under 4 year guest are free of charge. But please let us know in advance.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Up to two children per class can participate.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY OME COOKING LAB
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff