Explore our promoted experiences
- Private DMZ tour along a spy commando infiltration route
- See where 22 North Korean spies crept across the fortified border of the DMZ in 1968
- Stop at an artillery base and witness North Korean village life at a civilian observation post
- Experience Imjingak Peace Park and the War Memorial of Korea at Yongsan-dong
- Hear from an informative private guide about historic Korean War sites
- Enjoy a lunch of barbecued duck, a North Korean specialty
- Includes round-trip hotel transport from Seoul by private vehicle
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
What To Expect
As you drive to your first stop in the DMZ, your guide shares facts that illuminate the history of the Korean conflict. Upon your arrival at Imjingak Peace Park, see war artifacts and an artillery base with an authentic M109 Howitzer. Then go inside the DMZ to visit an army base where 22 North Korean spy commandos infiltrated the border in 1968. Hear about North Korea's three-day battle with the South Korean army and US army and take the short climb to the military observation post.
For lunch, dine on North Korean–style barbecued duck (vegetarian meals arranged upon request), then walk to a nearby civilian observation point. Peek through a telephoto lens to observe a model North Korean village, learning from your guide about life on the other side of the border.
Head back to Seoul, stopping to search for traces of bullet marks that are etched in the surrounding rocks and trees — evidence of the fighting between the United States Forces Korea and North Korean spy commandos.
Finally, visit a key location for anyone interested in Korean military history: the War Memorial of Korea in Seoul at Yongsan-dong. The impressive building was once at the headquarters for Korea's Infantry, and has been transformed into a military museum with exhibits of military tanks, artillery and fighter planes.
At the end of your full-day tour, your guide returns you to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- A current valid passport is required the day of travel
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved - Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended
- Please send a passport copy to the local operator at least 4 days prior to your reservation date
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY DMZSPYTOUR
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers