Explore our promoted experiences
- Private experience to Herculaneum and Pompeii from Sorrento
- Delve deeper into UNESCO-listed Pompeii and Herculaneum with a personal guide
- Hear tales about the Vesuvius eruption that buried both towns
- Relax with private return transport from your central Sorrento hotel
Departure & Return
In case you don't need the pick up, you will meet the Guide by the entrance of "Gray Line - IAMME IA!" office located behind the statue of Torquato Tasso, nearby the Bar Fauno, next to the Fattoria Terranova shop. We suggest to arrive at meeting point 10 minutes prior to the departure.
What To Expect
Blanketed by volcanic ash for centuries, ancient Pompeii was remarkably well preserved when it was discovered, and as kept archaeologists and visitors enthralled ever since. During your 2-hour tour, you’ll learn about the Mt. Vesuvius eruption of AD 79, which buried the town, and see the ruins that hark back to ancient times.
Explore the alleyways of the old commercial center, and stand before the remains of monuments such as the Temple of Jovis, Macellum (market), and public baths.
After your Pompeii tour, enjoy some free time for lunch (own expense). Then, depart for your journey to Herculaneum, another city buried by the AD 79 eruption.
Many believe the Herculaneum ruins are better preserved than those at Pompeii, as the town was encased in mud and lava. Wander amid the ruins on an hour-long tour, and enjoy some free time to explore at leisure. Highlights include intricate mosaics, a gymnasium, and residential houses.
Afterward, travel back to Sorrento at around 4pm-5pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- IMPORTANT NOTE: From the 6th August to enter the ruins of Pompeii, as per law, it's required the Green Pass, so make sure to have all the documentation otherwise the access will be forbidden.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Travel etc. - Gray Line Amalfi Coast
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands