- Half-day movie sites tour of The Godfather filming locations in Sicily
- Travel by coach to the traditional Sicilian villages of Savoca and Forzà d'Agrò
- See where several scenes from The Godfather trilogy were filmed
- Hear about the scenes, characters and story plots behind each location
Departure & Return
What To Expect
When Francis Ford Coppola began work on filming his classic, The Godfather, he realized he couldn’t use the actual town in which the books are set—Corleone, Sicily. By the early 1970s, Corleone was too modern-looking to serve as the historic place of the novels. Instead, producers decided to use the towns of Savoca and Forzà d'Agrò near Taormina.
Savoca is your first stop. Visit the pretty Church of Santa Maria degli Angeli and the Convent of the Frati Minori Cappuccini, where you can even explore the underground crypt. Godfather aficionados will instantly recognize Bar Vitelli, where Michael Corleone told Apollonia’s father of his intention to marry his daughter.
Enjoy free time to explore Savoca at your leisure, perhaps even to have a snack or drink (own expense) at the Bar Vitelli, before boarding the coach again to go to Forzà d'Agrò.
Many scenes of village life were filmed in Forzà d'Agrò, with its cobblestone streets and traditional houses. You may also recognize the church that features in both The Godfather and The Godfather: Part II. Here, too, you have some time to explore the town on your own before getting back on the coach for the trip back to your starting point in Taormina or Messina province.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Noema Viaggi Srl
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "don't know about second location of a church up a mountain for a scene of godfather 2 or 3 !" See review
- "We chose this particular tour over the other Godfather tours because it was a shorter duration and offered in an afternoon." See review
- "For hardcore fans like me of the "Godfather" trilogy, this tour is a must-do." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews