11 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
See Meteora’s rocktop monasteries on a day trip from Thessaloniki. Travel to Kalambaka to visit two of these six UNESCO-listed sanctuaries, each built on a giant rock pillar between the 14th and 16th centuries. Absorb their interiors and views, and learn how and why they were constructed. Before returning to Thessaloniki, stop to see the Valley of Tempi gorge. Includes coach transport, guide, and selected hotel pickup and drop-off, with entrance fees at own expense.
- Full-day trip to Meteora monasteries from Thessaloniki
- Visit two UNESCO-listed monasteries, each perched on a rock spire
- Admire the churches, icons, and frescoes at each site
- Absorb the bird’s-eye views and learn how the monasteries were built and used
- Stop at the Valley of Tempi gorge on route
- Guide, coach transport, and pickup and drop-off at selected hotels included
- Entrance fees to monasteries at own expense
Saved to wishlist!
Pick-up/drop-off from designated meeting points
Transport by deluxe air-conditioned coach
Professional and licensed guide
Food and drinks
Entrance fees (3 Euro per person per monastery)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Besides central located hotels, we offer pick up service also from Aristotelous, Galerious Arch, Corner West Saloon (Leoforos Vasileos Georgiou) and Everest (Prasina Fanaria).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Appropriate clothing is required to enter the monasteries. Ladies must not wear short skirts/shorts and must have their arms covered by long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Keytours - Greece
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Meteora Monasteries Day Trip from Thessaloniki?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Meteora Monasteries Day Trip from Thessaloniki?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Meteora Monasteries Day Trip from Thessaloniki?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Meteora Monasteries Day Trip from Thessaloniki?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Meteora Monasteries Day Trip from Thessaloniki
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingThessalonikiBus Tours - MacedoniaHistorical Tours - MacedoniaFull-day Tours - MacedoniaCategory